Saturday, March 10, 2007

Breezing through the breeze

Okay. It could be the inhaler but I am not sure.
The doctor said it would take a couple of days to kick in but...

I went out for an easy 4 mile run. My MaxHR hit 150bpm, which is 80%. And there was a big headwind. But the downhills at least were easier and I took it up to an 8:50 pace! And it's only the first full day after getting the diskus. I wonder what will happen when the full effects of the inhaler kicks in. I am scared that nothing will happen and that I am really that slow for real!

Also, my overall pace was a minute faster than it's been since I started back up training at the beginning of December!!! A whole minute! FASTER!

We will see what happens going forward... but I am afraid to look!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

ahem....

Running is all about getting oxygen to the muscles. Athsma is all about not getting enough oxygen into your lungs.

This could be huge!

8:26 AM  
Blogger J said...

Well, not really. I am just back to my slow self from being unusually slow. We'll see how it goes. But it does give me a new outlook.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home