Saturday, February 16, 2008

Restaurant Review: Rustic Kitchen

Last week during out Leadership Offsite, we went to Rustic Kitchen at Park Plaza. I had heard of it and I think I vaguely recall going to the one in Hingham a few years ago with Joseph and his sister's family.

All I can say is I am so glad that Rustic Kitchen has come to Boston and it's easy to get to. In a nutshell, what a great meal!

The wine was terrific but the menu was outstanding. Being on my diet where I can't eat white carbs, I was a little worried. But I should have relaxed.

The first course was a tuna tartar big enough to share. It was mixed with bits of avocado in the shape of a round disk. Thinly slice avocado wrapped around the whole thing with a parmasean crisp.

Dinner was braised short ribs. I substituted the mashed potatoes for extra broccolini. It was wonderfully presented, but most importantly, it was tender and the texture was melt-in-your mouth.

I didn't get dessert but everyone else did and they all seemed to enjoy it. I ended up cheating with a glass of tawny port instead. I can have wine, after all. Port is just, um... boiled wine.

Anyway, the service was exceptional, the ambience was modern and clean without being austere.

I would definitely go there again, whether it's for business or family and friends or something more intimate.

Highly recommended!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home