Monday, February 25, 2008

Week 8 Training Recap

Last week was sort of a blah week. I still don't know how to juggle cardio with weight lifting. The morning after my weight lifting, I am exhausted!!! The only way I can get some sort of workout in is to do an easy bike or walk. I hate walking. And now I have to do these intervals and I discovered my mistake when I tried to do it less than 12 hours after my weight training the night before. Yeah. Stupid. So, I am still working on it. I can feel that this is gonna be a long one.
Monday: Run 30 minutes. Lift (SWITT) in the evening. Okay. 20 miles on the bike in the morning and weights in the evening. That was okay. Seesm like running the same morning that I have weight training in the evening is okay from a physical tiredness perspective. I am starting to piece my experiences together.

Tuesday: Bike 45 minutes. I tried my first hand at intervals. To start out, I run or walk to warm up for a few minutes. Then I run like the devil himself was chasing me for 10 seconds. Then I slow down for a minute. Repeat 12 times. Then I finish up with 15 to 20 minutes of easy running. First of all, I ran a sub 7:00 pace. Whatever.

Wednesday: Run/walk 30 minutes. SWITT in the evening. Lesson two. Never do a evening weight lifting followed by a morning interval. I am so tired and sore right now that I can't even think much less do anything. I took the morning off. And rested up for the evening weight training session. Sheesh. I feel old.

Thursday: Bike 45 minutes. Okay. Weight training took a lot out of me so I had the best intentions of getting on the bike after work. As I have mentioned many times, I never quite can get out of work in time. And my way to Hell is being paved as we speak! So I am counting this as an official rest day. Whatever.

Friday: Run 30 minutes. Ran 3.95 miles. Can I tell you how tied I am? Work is also killing. KILLING ME!

Saturday: Bike 45 minutes. 20 mile bike ride. I am soooo happy I could get this workout in. I have also hit my all time lowest weight in about 3 years. Ask me how happy I am???

Sunday: Run/Walk 60 minutes. a good 5.6 mile run. I am very happy. But of course, I was too tired to go to the gym. Of course.

Total Running Miles: 11.6 miles (record: 26.9 miles)
Total Biking Miles: 40.0 (record: 67.8)
Total Swimming Yards: 0 yards (record: 3300)
Total Strength Training Days: 2 times
Total Workout Hours: 4:51:01 (record was 11:00:19)
This coming week is more of the same - trying to figure out my training routine. My friend Debbie gave ITT a new name... Scary Trainer. I like that much better. So, now he is ST instead of ITT.

I did lose another pound. It was a full week of Phase III and so far it's working! I was starting to plateau so any kind of downward movement is good news.
Monday: Bike 45 minutes. Lift (ST) in the evening.
Tuesday: Bike 45 minutes.
Wednesday: Bike 45 minutes. ST in the evening.
Thursday: Bike 45 minutes.
Friday: Run 30 minutes with intervals.
Saturday: Bike 1:20 minutes.
Sunday: Run 1:10 with intervals.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home