Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Demerol

I am thinking that maybe I like demerol better than morphine. I mean, I love morphine. Morphine and I met when I fell off the horse about 6 years ago (I remember the pain as clear as day, as if it happened yesterday!) and we have been in love ever since.

So, this morning I went in for my colonoscopy. It's good to get it over and done with in the morning. They are on time! Anyway, my Hunny Bunny took the day off to be with me. He brought a good book with him... the whole thing took about 3-4 hours, I think.

The procedure went without a hitch.
Except that I woke up in the middle of the procedure. That happened last time, too. This time, I looked at the monitor just when the doctor said, "there's a polyp." I don't know if I said anything but, I remember trying to tell them that I was awake. And in my groggy state, I think I might have said, "polyp? find the polyp." or something like that.

But the last thing I remember is that they took this loopy thing and they cut off the polyp. Not sure how they got it out but I was told afterwards that they would let me know in about 14 days if the polyp is benign or cancerous, etc. I am sure that they would be contacting me much earlier if I had something to worry about. This is the first time they found a polyp. Only one. But the nurse said, "Well, we now know that you are the kind who grows polyps so it's good to know..."

Hmmm... good to know??? ARG!!! That is probably what killed my Daddy! A damn polyp that got out of control and went on a damn rampage inside of him!!! GAH!!!

I think they put me out right after I saw them cut away the polyp because the next thing I knew, I was coming out of my stupor in recovery... and let me tell you - that IV they put inside you? Huh. Getting it in is NOTHING. PULLING IT OUT??? &^%$#!!! It is the most painful thing I've gone through!!!

They gave me cranberry juice. And four small cookies. It was so delicious!!!

And I found out they gave me demerol. Happy juice. I was so happy. All day. Happy happy happy!!! And it wasn't just me being able to eat anything that I wanted to get my energy back. It was Demerol!!!

So in three years, when I have to do this again, I will remember that I will be meeting up with my new old love Demerol and I won't dread it so much.

Not to mention having the whole day off and having my Hunny Bunny around to take care of me. That was the best...


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home