Thursday, March 27, 2008

Into the Wild

I watched the movie. I haven't read the book. Didn't know there was a book. Anyway, the movie was very good.

Never thought a movie with so little dialogue and action "mayhem" would be so engaging.

But it was. It engaged my dreams and my spirit. My wandering, pioneering spirit that lays hidden deep inside.

So many of us have the pioneering spirit. Not as many dream of wilderness as a destination. And fewer still act on our desires, living as Alexander Supertramp did. In some ways, he lived more in those two years than many of us live in a life time. And in ways that many of us can't begin to imagine. With all his senses and his entire being.

He became enlightened and reached nirvana.
Perfected in spirit.

I suppose it had to end the way it did.

Sigh...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

Well, it ended the way it did because it was a true story and that's pretty much what really happened. At least as much as they could surmise by his journal and by the people he encountered. You should read the book, it's really good, John Krakauer wrote it (he also wrote, "Into Thin Air" and was also a columnist for "Outside Magazine".

7:38 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh, I'm glad to hear they didn't "Hollywoodize" the ending of the movie too much. Having read the book, I feared they might let him survive and tell the story from the perspective of his old age. I agree with Debbie about the book. It was a very good book.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home