Monday, March 10, 2008

Week 10 Training Recap

I am starting to get the knack of weight liftening integrating with the cardio workout. One thing I noticed lately is that I am spending 50% less time working out than when I just did cardio in the past. And, I am happy to say that I have lost about 8 pounds in the process. Amazing. The weight lifting really does work.
Monday: Bike 45 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening. I find that I can bike a long time in the morning and still do a decent weight workout that night.Biked 11 miles in 43 minutes. This is the last day of this grouping of workouts which was all about getting my HR up and burning a lot of fat. Wednesday, I get a new set of workouts.
Tuesday: Bike 30 minutes. After the night of lifting, the next morning, I am exhausted. This is a total recovery workout.Recovery ride - 7.6 miles in 30 minutes.
Wednesday: Bike 50 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening. Biked 12 miles in 50 minutes. I felt strong but my challenge on the mornings that I have Scary Trainer in the evening, is that I do not ride too hard and get totally wasted before my weight workout! I also hit another all time low on the weight! YAHOO!
Thursday: Bike 30 minutes. Sometimes, I need a rest!REST! I. DID. NOTHING!!! And I am damn happy about it too!
Friday: Run 50 minutes with intervals. The intervals are 12x15seconds at 6:27 pace with 55 second rest in between. Yup. Done. I actually took it up a notch and ended up with 6:21 pace. I found this okay. So if I can hold it for the for the whole workout during my next interval session, I will be running for 20 seconds with a 50 second rest.
Saturday: Bike 1:15 minutes. Done. 20.75 miles. Done done done!
Sunday: Run 1:15 with intervals - 12x15seconds at 6:27 pace with 55 second rest. Okay. Did these. I can't believe it. Instead of 15 seconds, I ran for 12 x 20 seconds with a 50 second rest. Now. If I can hold that around 2 hours and 50 minutes, I'd have a sub-3:00 marathon. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Yah. Ahem.

Total Running Miles: 10.47 miles (record: 26.9 miles)
Total Biking Miles: 51.4 (record: 67.8)
Total Swimming Yards: 0 yards - Jeez. I gotta get going on this. (record: 3300)
Total Strength Training Days: 2 times
Total Workout Hours: 5:25:00 plus 2:30 strength training(record was 11:00:19)
Next week's goal is to keep plugging away and try to get in a bit more cardio workouts. Keep integrating and keep working the schedule. I am seeing Scary Trainer on Mondays and Thursdays instead of Mondays and Wednesdays. That extra day of rest may mean that I may be rested enough to go to the pool a couple times a week. We will see how this works out. In the meantimes, the goal is to maintain maintain maintain...
Monday: Bike 45 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening.
Tuesday: Bike 35 minutes. Try and go for a swim in the evening if the schedule holds up.
Wednesday: Run 50 minutes - warm up, 12x20sec intervals at 6:30 pace with 50 second rest, cool down, steady state to finish up.
Thursday: Bike 45 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening.
Saturday: Bike 1:20 minutes.
Sunday: Run 1:20 with intervals - 12x20seconds at a 6:30 pace with 50 second rest.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home