Monday, March 03, 2008

Week 9 Training Recap

I am still trying to get a handle around the cardio schedule and integrating it with the lifting schedule. Even though I am only lifting twice a week, I find that I need more rest than usual. And twice a day workouts are non-existent unless it's biking in the morning and lifting in the evening. I haven't been to the pool in a while but we will start going again soon. So last week looked like this:
Monday: Bike 45 minutes. Lift (ST) in the evening. Biked 11 miles in 45 minutes. Had Scary Trainer after work. I am really tiredof this routine.
Tuesday: Bike 45 minutes. Ran .76 miles. Okay, I walked it. Whatever. I was just too tired. TOO. TIRED.
Wednesday: Bike 45 minutes. ST in the evening. Biked 12.85 miles in the morning. Scary Trainer at night. This is the last night of the two workouts. Next week, I get a new workout. YES!
Thursday: Bike 45 minutes. O.M.G. I had to take a rest day.
Friday: Run 30 minutes with intervals. Ran 3.32 miles with intervals at the beginning. I am now doing 12 reps of 15-second 6:27 mph runs with a 55 second rest inbetween. After that, I cool down and then start running easy for a while.
Saturday: Bike 1:20 minutes. I decided that 1:20 was too ambitious. So I ended up biking 17.7 miles in 1:10. I'll take it!
Sunday: Run 1:10 with intervals. Ran 5.61 miles with the same intervals as Friday.

Total Running Miles: 9.7 miles (record: 26.9 miles)
Total Biking Miles: 41.5 (record: 67.8)
Total Swimming Yards: 0 yards (record: 3300)
Total Strength Training Days: 2 times
Total Workout Hours: 4:52:12 plus 2:30 strength training(record was 11:00:19)
Next week, I will still try to get my arms around the cardio integration with strength. So far, this is what I have planned:
Monday: Bike 45 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening. I find that I can bike a long time in the morning and still do a decent weight workout that night.
Tuesday: Bike 30 minutes. After the night of lifting, the next morning, I am exhausted. This is a total recovery workout.
Wednesday: Bike 50 minutes. Scary Trainer in the evening.
Thursday: Bike 30 minutes. Sometimes, I need a rest!
Friday: Run 50 minutes with intervals. The intervals are 12x15seconds at 6:27 pace with 55 second rest in between.
Saturday: Bike 1:15 minutes.
Sunday: Run 1:15 with intervals - 12x15seconds at 6:27 pace with 55 second rest.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris from RunThe5.com said...

Hey J,

Are you training for the Boston marathon? I just thought I would wish you luck. I'm training for the NY Marathon this year, but with one injury after another, I haven't got very far!

Best of luck :)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home