Monday, April 14, 2008

Absentee Ballot

For the first time in my life, I will be using an absentee ballot to vote in the May 6th town elections. Why? Because I am traveling to India for work. Don't get me started...

They have this referendum or override thing going on to raise taxes to the tune of either 5.6 million or 6.2 million or something like that. You can vote for one or the other or neither. I am thinking of voting no for both. I mean... it's for extending the school day for another 20 minutes (ONLY 20 minutes??), more fire, more police, more snow removal (and WHY can't people remove their own snow? And WHY don't we ticket them to fill the town coffers if they don't?), more of this, and more of that... etc etc ad nauseum etc.

I am thinking of voting against it.
After all, they have not shown me the books and budget and where the current funds are going. I mean... after all... sheesh....

And if you don't vote, you can't complain.

GOD FORBID that I can't complain...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home