Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Day 9 of the disease

I am feeling much much better today. In fact, I am thinking that tomorrow, I should be able to make my wait into work and work from the office instead of at home. My chest congestion is much better (not that it was all that bad to start with) and I am coughing less. The gurgling in my lungs has drastically cut down, too. Yahoo!

Last night, I had a session with Scary Trainer. It was good to get out there and MOVE! We started out with one of the alternating routines - dead lifts, pull ups, and reverse lunge step ups. We used light weights and high reps. Then we went onto a portion of day 2 routine with floor presses and inclined dumbbell rows. I started sweating which is unusual at that weight but Scary Trainer pointed out that my system is working hard to finish up healing from being sick while working out. The key is to not overtax the body. I thought I would be sore this morning but I'm not.

This morning, I took a rest day. Tomorrow, I will try to get on the treadmill and walk for 30 minutes or so and see what happens.

The good news is that I haven't been following my diet too closely but I have not gained any weight. In fact, if anything, I have actually lost a little and now I am at my lowest weight since January. Very strange. I have been cognizant of not pigging out and been watching my carb intake overall. Seems to be working okay so far. And of course, I am still drinking lots of fluids to help ward off the terrible bloat.

I am still incredibly tired. I can't remember the last time I wasn't feeling this tired. That's so sad. I hope to be back to my old self by the end of the week.

Of course, that means that I will be back to my happily ranting and raving self. That would make me very very happy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Go ahead: rant. Rave. If it makes you feels better... ;)

9:33 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

You mean you HAVEN'T been ranting & raving all along this past week or two? Oi!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home