Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Painting the house

We are finally painting the outside of the house. What an ordeal finding the right paint colors!!!

First of all, this is a Victorian. So I want to paint it in multiple colors.
Second, I do not want the house to be like the other houses in the neighborhood - filled with pastels, drab yellows, plain whites, or garish neons. Nope. I want something classic but striking.

This weekend, my wonderful Hunny Bunny got me into the car on Sunday and we drove all around Brookline and Newton, taking pictures of this house and that house etc etc ad nauseum etc...

In the end, we ended up with the following colors:
  • Body of the house - Dorset Gold (Benjamin Moore HC-7)
  • Trim - Peale Green (Benjamin Moore HC-121)
  • Accent - Fall Harvest (Benjamin Moore 2168-10)

If you are really interested, you can go to the color viewer at Benjamin Moore to find out. Fall Harvest is a very deep pumpkin color. We might also do something with a very warm golden cream color but not sure how we would use it. The other thing we can do is to leave the window and the from door storm door trim white. That would lighten it up a bit. We have to see how it all looks after it's done.

The other combination was a crimson and some sort of salmony color. But I love the fall and I keep coming back to this same color combination so I decided to go ahead with it. Joseph also likes it a lot more than the other color combinations.

So, we have a pumpkin house instead of a cotton candy or wedding cake house.
I can live with that...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I looked at all those colors at Benj. Moore. Pretty cool. Your house shall look awesome. You done good.

When you say "We" are painting the house, what do you mean. Are "we" doing all the work, or are "we" hiring someone?

If you are doing it yourselves, as a former full-time, professional house-painting artist, I can offer you one major tip that will guaranteed a quick(er) finish.

Ask and you shall receive. BTW. Benj. Moore is one of the top 3 finest paints in the country. My humble opinion. You done very good.

11:11 AM  
Blogger sRod said...

J? You around?

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home