Thursday, May 29, 2008

Milt's Famous Fish Fry

In addition to the tournament, Milt's Famous Fish Fry is one of the premier events of Memorial Week. I look forward to it every single year.

Milk digs a hole in his backyard and lights a fire. Then he puts the world's biggest cast iron skillet over it, fills it with oil, and quick fries Lake Erie Perch that either he or a friend caught, which he has hand battered in egg and beer and italian bread crumbs.

If you have never had Lake Erie Perch, you are missing something.
And if never have the chance to eat Milt's Famous Lake Erie Fried Perch, then you are defintely missing something!

The fish is tender, succulent, flavorful, and just mighty good eatin'.
I can't explain it in any other way.

Then you throw in a whole bunch of their friends and neighbors and you have one fantastic party!

I make my Korean Dumplings. This year I made a hundred of them. And they were pretty near all gone by the end of the night.

Tomorrow morning we are flying home. And I can have another year of looking forward to the Fish Fry.

I might try to make the batter at home. I wonder if it will work with Grey Sole. We have some of that in our Gigantic Freeze in the basement.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

damn. wish I could go to the Fish Fry.

9:56 AM  
Blogger J said...

Why can't you???

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home