Thursday, June 12, 2008

New top!

I think my problem with my Miata top is solved. And at a fraction of the cost.

Yesterday, one of the people from one of car dealers I emailed answered. As they suggested, I called Atlas Tops in Quincy. A top ordered and replaced with around $880. A top with a glass window with a zip is around $1100. That's a third of what I thought I'd have to pay.

I know that from the various websites that sell this, the ones I am looking at is around $550 or $650. But then I'd have to install it myself. Uh.... Okay. My f-i-l would have to install it. And it would be an all day job.

I think that another $500-$600 for someone else to take care of it soup to nuts is definitely worth the cost!

When I get back from my California trip next week, I'll drive by and have him take a looksee. They are open M-F from 8-5. And he told me not to come around from 12-1 because the place shuts down for lunch. That honesty added to "we're not the best but we do good work" along with "if someone tells you they're the best, turn right around and walk away" is what sold me on this plain speaking, no nonsense, busy-sounding but very helpful and very polite guy name Gene.

While I am at it, I'll ask him to replace the weather stripping too.
Happy happy happy!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home