Tuesday, June 03, 2008

STT

Last night, I trained with ST. He is now forever known as STT - Scary Terrible Trainer. He has graduated from just Scary Trainer.

Yesterday was the first of four weeks of a new set of alternating routines. We are back to high metabolism. I guess he is tired of the plateau I've been on for the last 2 months, too.

But, GOOD GRIEF!!! I wish I had my old routine back! I came early as usual and got in my 20 minute warmup. Then it was time to start.

First exercise was banded chinups. I had to do 5 sets of 5 chinups. He said it was too easy and next time, we are reducing by a band. Hmmmph. T

The next set was 3 sets of 12 reps of one-legged dead lift with row, alternating with 3 sets of 12 squat to press - I almost died. First of all, the one-legged thing was way hard. I almost fell over I was so dang exhausted! But it was immediately followed by 3 sets of 12 reps of squat to press! First set was using 25 pounds. Second set was 20 pounds and I almost fell at rep 10. The third set was 15 pounds. Okay. I thought I was going to throw up.

STT says, "really?"
I could only nod.
He said, "Oh, cool!"
Not happy. Then I said, I feel a lump in my chest, and he said, "The trash can is over there." ARG!!! .

Then I had to do this hideous stability ball hamstring curls alternating with reverse curls. 3 sets of 12 reps. Again. The stability ball exercise KILLED my hamstring - the lower part that hardly ever gets used! The reverse curls were impossible. And I got a nose bleed during the second set. And do you think I had any sympathy? No. STT just said, "I think your nose is bleeding." Thank goodness I had my towel with me. And this morning I am sporting a handy little bruise on the back of my neck where it meets my shoulders!!! ARG!!! I am a DELICATE ASIAN FLOWER, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Then we finished up with 1 set of 12 reps of each - bodyweight squats, chest pulldowns on a machine, reverse lunges, and banded chest press.

I mentioned we had so many upper body exercises. And he reminded me that I had told him a couple weeks ago that I still can't see my back muscles and that these four weeks will do the trick.

Uh... do you think that I was SERIOUS??? And do you think it's the layer of FAT all over my body that keeps me from seeing my muscles?
Don't worry! This is a HIGH METABOLIC Phase!
Great. And the second routine for this phase will REALLY SHRED YOUR BACK!
WAH!!!!!!!

I was swimming in sweat. This is going to a long four weeks. I can't wait to see what Thursday's routine is going to be. NOT!

I never should have told him I was on a damn plateau.

I never should have told him I couldn't see my back muscles!
UGH!
NEVER EVER tell your trainer you are on a plateau or that you want to see more muscles!!!
WHAT WAS I THINKING???


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger rocketpants said...

hmmmm...sounds a little like crossfit except he didn't break it into 'rounds' for time. But the sexy back is *what* it is all about. :-)

11:26 PM  
Blogger sRod said...

sounds like torture...I'll stick to the STT-free workout schedule.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home