Monday, January 05, 2009

Working out is a lot of work!

Ok. Tonight was my first foray into the gym withg a real formal Scary Trainer workout, without Scary Trainer.

He's on vacation.
In India to be exact.
For 2 whole weeks.
TWO WEEKS!
So I am working out on my own.

And all I have to say is GOOD GRIEF it's a lot of work!
I had to set up my own weights, rack them, carry them around, get the bars, get the weights, break it all down! MY LORD!

I did all of the exercises but one. The banded squat to press. I was supposed to do 20 seconds on and 10 seconds rest 8 times. But I was so tired. This was my next to last exercise and I could only get halfway through the second set! Then the rotator cuff exercise was last and I could barely do those. Usually, I pump them out until the last two reps. This time, my right side was tired from the start, and my left side was tired halfway through the first set.

I did either maintain or go up in weight for all of the exercises including 175 lbs for the sumo deadlifts. However I could only do 25 lbs for the floor press because I couldn't get set up with the 40 lb weights. Usually Scary Trainer puts them in my hands after I have laid back. GAH! Anyway, since I couldn't do 40's, I did 5 sets of 8 reps instead of 5 sets of 5 reps. I hope that is okay. Scary Trainer seems to do that sometimes - lower the weight and increase the reps and/or sets.

Tomorrow, I will run for 30 minutes.
I wonder if I can run outside.
I hate the cold.

Oh, of course I went over my calorie allotment for the day. PFFT.
After eating with wild abandon like a total starving lunatic, it's hard cutting back.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Now you know how the rest of the world functions.

9:49 AM  
Blogger deborah said...

I know, the eating really is the hardest part. I am clinging desperately to Jenny Craig right now.

10:06 AM  
Blogger J said...

I cannot do what the rest of the world does. I can't. Not to mention that without a spotter and the security of the watchful eye of the trainer, I couldn't go max on the floor press!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home