Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 a days

So last night marked the beginning of a new phase of weight training with Scary Trainer. I am now going 3 times a week instead of 2. There was a heavy leg and core emphasis to the first session. There were 6 exercises and we worked them in pairs. I went back and forth for a set number of reps without a break for 10 minutes. Then there would be a 1 to 2 minute rest. Then onto the next pair. At the end of the session, I was bathed in sweat! EGADS!

So, this morning I went out for a recovery run of 30 minutes to "shake my legs out." Thus marks the start of my 2-a-day workouts for at least the next four weeks. I have no choice if I want to get more than a few runs in during the week, especially since running 15 miles after a week's total of 6 miles just won't cut it; I'll either get injured or I won't be able to complete my weekly long runs.

The run this morning wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I kept a close eye on my heart rate so that I wouldn't run too "hard" since I have another workout tonight. I torqued my back on Sunday doing nothing and it's still bothering me today.

I am feeling less confused and more in control of my food and workouts. I have a feeling I'm going to either hit my target or get really close this year.

Tonight, Scary Trainer session #2. I am told it's mostly upper body. This is good because it means I can go out for a longer easy run tomorrow morning.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Paulo Sérgio de Araújo said...

Good training! Visit my blog of races in Brazil: http://maratona160min.blogspot.com/

thanks

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home