Monday, February 23, 2009

8 Weeks til Boston

Well, I've been a bit busy. I was trying to figure out which week of training it was but that was too hard for me so I decided to count backwards from Marathon Day.

My life is crazy.
Last week's training plan and accomplishments:

MON - rest in the morning, Scary Trainer (LIFT) in the evening - killer workout session with Scary Trainer. Start of a new phase where I am going 3 times a week now for 40minutes each (instead of 2 sessions of an hour). He had me doing 6 exercises in pairs, back and forth in groupings of a set number of reps, like 4 or 5 or 6, for 10 minutes. I was covered in sweat. Blech. Even my head got hot and I hate it when that happens! GAH! The next two are more of the same I think but with different exercises. This session was mostly legs and core.

TUE - run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - ran a recovery run which means I have to keep my heart rate pretty low. This translated to a very slow 11:50 pace. I managed to eek out 2.5 miles in 30 minutes in 22* weather. Sigh. I can't wait for spring.


WED - run 3-4 in the morning - I am driving to the NH office in the morning. Hate it. - ran 4 miles in the morning. The weather wasn't so bad considering it was around 22 degrees. My face is chapped and peeling. I hate winter. Ok. Just to clarify, I don't hate winter. I hate that it gets so cold!

THU - run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - nothing in the morning. So daggum tired! Had a good Scary Trainer session. We did cobra squats with these one-armed rows with 12 lb dumbbells in the full push up position. Then we did triceps and barbell biceps. I altered between the exercises in pairs for 15minutes total for each pair of exercise. Killer arms and core work.

FRI - run 3 in the morning, rest in the evening - stupid kitten! GAH! Did not sleep well. Could barely make it out of bed without falling down. And it was icy from overnight rain and snow. Of course this meant that I would kill myself if I went outside so Joseph told me to run on the treadmill. I walked instead. Still streaking. 54 days straight of excercising.

SAT - run 18-19 in the morning, rest in the evening - BIG DINNER at Grill 23 with cousins! I ran the 18 in the morning. There was a tremendous headwind on the way out. I did an out-and-back run, which means I was running into about a 30mph wind for the first 9 miles. I suppose it wasn't so bad except I couldn't take advantage of the downhills through Newton. On the way back, I was so tired from fighting the wind that I couldn't take advantage of the tailwind. All I could
think about was how my legs were going to fall off. Oh, and an Anna's burrito for lunch. Legs... Anna's... Legs... Anna's... That is about how it went.

We went to dinner and I managed to do pretty well with food. Oysters for appetizers, steak and asparagus for dinner. No dessert. Sigh...

SUN - run 7-8 in the morning, rest in the evening - Joseph thought that 6 was better than 7 or 8, which was okay with me. I would have run 8 miles until he mentioned it. It was very tiring. More headwind but this time it was on the way back. You can't get away from it. I hate wind.

Total for the week: 31.6 miles

Next week's it's more of the same:

Monday - Rest in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - heavy leg
workout
Tuesday - Run 2-3 in the morning, recovery run, massage in the evening.
Wednesday - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the morning -
medium legs, heavy core
Thursday - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - light
legs, heavy upper body
Friday - Run 4-5 in the morning, Big Event to attend in the evening
Saturday - 18 - 19 miles (again, it's vuja de all over again...)
Sunday - 6 miles

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home