Saturday, February 21, 2009

!

I am not sure what happened today but Joseph decided to run 17 on the treadmill and I thought he was nuts. There was a time when you could have reversed that and think nothing of it.

I headed out and the first thing I noticed? HEADWIND! GAH!!!!
Headwind the entire 9 miles out. The ENTIRE WAY! All the way to mile 15.5 on the marathon course. It was blowing so hard, I couldn't even run fast down the hills in Newton! Now, that was just maddening.

I turned around and my legs were so tired, I couldn't even take advantage of the tailwind. In fact, I kept thinking that my legs were going to just fall off. Of course, my arms from Scary Trainer session on Friday were killing me. And then my core. The core training is working, because they were engaged the entire run. And that means they HURT the entire run, too! It was reflex. They were so tight that I couldn't relax my ab muscles to save my life. But other than leg-exhaustion, I guess it worked because nothing really hurts from the run - it all just hurts from Scary Trainer! GAH!

So, 18 miles are on the books.
Tomorrow, I have 8 miles.
EIGHT MILES!

I am going to poke my eyes out.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

Way to go! I cant believe Joe wimped out on the mill! :-)

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home