Sunday, March 01, 2009

7 More Weeks Until Boston

For all those people who donated in the last week, thank you thank you thank you. I am $1200 away from my goal! It's getting tougher but I think I can do it.

Last week's training plan and accomplishments:

MON 2/23 - rest in the morning, Scary Trainer (LIFT) in the evening - After a weekend of running 18 miles and 6 miles, I needed to take a day off from running! Phew! So I took the morning off and had my training session with Scary Trainer. Nothing unusual except it was HARD. Again.

TUE 2/24 - Run 2-3 in the morning, recovery run, massage in the evening. - Managed to run 2.5 miles on the treadmill. It forces me to run more slowly for recovery.

WED 2/25 - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the morning - medium legs, heavy core - ran 4.18 miles in the morning. It was 21*. Pffft. Scary Trainer in the evening.

THU 2/26 - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - light legs, heavy upper body - nothing in the morning. So daggum tired! Had a good Scary Trainer session.

FRI 2/27 - Run 4-5 in the morning, Big Event to attend in the evening - stupid kitten! GAH! Did not sleep well. Could barely make it out of bed without falling down. And it was icy from overnight rain and snow. Of course this meant that I would kill myself if I went outside so Joseph told me to run on the treadmill. I walked instead. Still streaking. 54 days straight of excercising.

Sat 2/28 - Run 18 - 19 miles (again, it's vuja de all over again...) I was finished with the out and back with the headwind. Instead, I headed out to the reservoir and ran around it. Eight time. Yup. It would have been really boring if not for the straight on 25 mph headwind for a third of the way around. Good lord, it was amazing! The loop also had a lot of downhill. So my stabilizer muscles were screaming at the end of the run. This was good training for the downhills through mile 16 at Boston. I felt good except my legs felt really tired. 18.15 miles. And I lived to see another day!

SUN 3/1 - Run 6 miles- I am tired. TIRED. So I had to do some picture editing and moving and when I looked up, it was SNOWING! Blech. So I went upstairs to the treadmill. I banged out six miles - finished watching The Man Who Knew Too Little (which goes to show I don't know enough not to watch this drivel), and started watching "Along Came Polly" with Ben Stiller. I am about 20 minutes in and the jury is out. Ho hum...

Total for the week: 34.97 miles & 3 Scary Trainer sessions

Next week's schedule

Monday 3/2 - Run 3-4 miles in the morning. Event in the evening - another one. It never ends.
Tuesday 3/3 - Run 2-3 in the morning, recovery run, Scary Trainer in the evening - heavy legs.
Wednesday 3/4 - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the morning - medium legs, heavy core
Thursday 3/5 - Early meeting in the morning, Run in the evening after work 3-4 miles
Friday 3/6 - Run 4-5 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening
Saturday 3/7 - 15 miles - it's a step back week - YAHOO!
Sunday 3/8 - 4 miles - did I say it's a step back week? Doing the happy dance!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home