Thursday, March 26, 2009

Infected

And I am down with a sinus infection. ARG!

After two weeks of coughing and sneezing, I broke down and went to the doctor.
I knew it wasn't a cold or the flu because I had been running fine, if not for the little bit of congestion - most likely from post nasal drip, yadda yadda yadda. And of course, the coughing at night keeping me awake is making me tired and run down.

So, I made an appointment with the doctor finally. Ugh. I hate going to the doctor. I have to get my coat on, walk for 20 minutes, check in, sit around for another 20-30 minutes, get pre-examined, then sit for another 10-15 minutes, then the doctor comes in, go through the exam, sit and chat, then pay and check out, and then walk back to the office. Then I have to go to the drug store and wait around for the prescription. And I do not have that kind of time in my day! GAH!

So, someone mentioned that our Company health clinic downstairs would be better.

Huh? Really. They look at things like this? REALLY? Wow. Uh. Okay.

So off I go down stairs. Walked in. Waited for 10 minutes, got pre-examined, waited 3 minutes, doctor comes in, takes about 10 minutes, walks out, comes back inside of 5 minutes with a bottle of drugs, instructions, etc., and take a minute to tell me what to do. Then back to the office. 25 minutes door to door. And it was only $10 and I didn't have to pay for the drugs. GOOD GRIEF! This is the best thing since sliced bread! WOW. WOW WOW WOW!!!! I am soooo happy. I happily canceled my other doctor's appointment. Happy happy happy!

I did have a low-grade fever (99.8 which is up from my usual 96.8 - I have low body temperature which is why, along with my low blood pressure, am cold all the time). And I do have a sinus infection. I've taken the meds for a day and a half and I feel slightly better. The double vision and headache went alway almost immediately but the body aches are only half gone.

And the doctor in the clinic is a runner. He didn't tell me not to run. He didn't wince when I told him that I had run 21 miles last weekend with this crap in my head.

Later on today, I will try to go out and run a bit. See what happens. And if I don't fall over, I'll just keep going.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home