Monday, March 09, 2009

6 More Weeks to Boston

Word for the week: Tired
Monday 3/2 - Run 3-4 miles in the morning. Event in the evening - another one. It never ends. Ran 3 miles. Good way to start the week.

Tuesday 3/3 - Run 2-3 in the morning, recovery run, Scary Trainer in the evening - heavy legs. No way I could run. Had to get into the office because I had to do things for my Boss's Boss who now thinks he is also my Boss. Hfff. Tough workout with Scary Trainer though. Tough.

Wednesday 3/4 - Run 3-4 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the morning - medium legs, heavy core. Ran 2.75 very slow miles in the morning. Lifting with Scary Trainer in the evening. Done.

Thursday 3/5 - Early meeting in the morning, Run in the evening after work 3-4 miles - walked a mile. This was so lame. ARG!!! I hate not working out in the morning. No matter how I try to do it in the evening, something always happens to thwart the best laid plans.

Friday 3/6 - Run 4-5 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening. Managed 2.75 in the morning and lifted in the evening. For some reason, I just wasn't into running this morning. At least it's a step back week.

Saturday 3/7 - 15 miles - it's a step back week - YAHOO! - 15.75 miles starting from Mile 2 on the Marathon Course in Ashland. By thetime I got to the long downhill at mile 15, my legs were like hamburger. I am thinking to myself that there is no way I am going to be able to run this marathon given how I feel after only 15 miles! But then I noticed that I ran 15.75 miles as a personal best. It's about 15 minutes faster than my usual time for 15 miles. Wow.

Sunday 3/8 - 4 miles - did I say it's a step back week? Doing the happy dance! - legs felt pretty good. I went out and ran 6 miles. OMG, was it SLOW!!! After the first mile, my legs usually loosen up a fair bit, but this time, they just got TIRED! Sigh... 6.15 miles.

Total for the week: 31.40 miles & 3 Scary Trainer sessions
Next week's schedule:
Monday 3/9 - Rest in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening.
Tuesday 3/10 - Run 3 in the morning, recovery run, Scary Trainer inthe evening - medium legs.
Wednesday 3/11 - Run 3-4 in the morning.
Thursday 3/12 - Run 3 in the morning, Scary Trainer in the evening - heavy core, light legs.
Friday 3/13 - Run 4-5 in the morning. Massage in the afternoon. I AM PSYCHED!!!
Saturday 3/14 - 18 miles - I think I need to run the course again from mile 2. Maybe Joseph will drop me off.
Sunday 3/15 - 6 miles - usual loop.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home