Saturday, April 18, 2009

2 More Days

2 more days until Race Day.
I went for a 2 mile run this morning. Slow. Sluggish.
I took note of the headwind since it's about what is being predicted for the race. Nothing like the Nor'easter two years ago but it will still impact the point in the race when I start getting tired (early) and my finish time (slower than the usual slow).

And I've been on my feet since 8am this morning.
The only time I've sat is when I was in the car driving to the grocery store or to the pie store or to Trader Joe's. Been in then kitchen all day cooking for the big brunch we host at our place every year. There are about 40 people coming.

This is why I hate running this race. My legs are never rested enough because I stand in the kitchen all freekin day cooking. And I can't enjoy myself all that much because I am stressed from not being rested.

And today is no different. My feet are throbbing right now. I could just cry.

So far, 4 people about of 11 staying with us have arrived. They are at the expo. The rest will be dribbling in all afternoon. Good thing we do not have to cater to them every minute.

Tonight we have the annual Big City encounter dinner. We will have to walk there. It's about a mile and there's no parking. Great.

And I haven't showered or bushed my teeth yet. And I don't even want to because showering means I have to stand on my feet.

This is my last Boston.
The End.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger deborah said...

take a cab to Big City!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Hughes said...

or ride the bike!

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home