Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I was supposed to be here

On a usual day, Joseph picks me up from work on the way home. But today, Scary Trainer wanted to meet at 6 instead of 7 and I said ok. But it meant that Joseph may not be able to leave work early to pick me up and drive me home.

No matter. It was supposed to be that way.

So, at 4:30, without the usual delay, I packed up and left work and took the subway home. No delay? I guess I was supposed to.

The Red Line train came immediately. When it's usually a wait? I guess it was supposed to.

And then I changed as usual to the Green Line, which I had gotten an email warning about earlier that it was running behind due to Police Action at this station. But it got there in about 5 minutes, when it should have. But it did!

And I got a seat. Happy happy! And I thought it was just luck!

But then the truth happened. At Arlington, a little old Chinese man got on with two plastic bags. Every seat was taken. No one budged. So I got up and gave him my seat. He was very happy.

At St Mary's, several stops later, someone got out of her seat to get off and offered her seat to an older man. He refused it. So I got to sit.

So, I was supposed to be there.
Everything happened just like it was supposed to.
So that I could give up my seat to a little old man.
And there was proof of a silver lining when I got to sit down later.

And I got to my stop at Coolidge Corner.
No delays!

Everyday miracles.
We just need to do what we're supposed to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home