Monday, April 06, 2009

3 more weeks til Boston

So, the big thing this post week on top of my sinus infection is that I broke out in hives from stress.

Too much work, too many bosses, too many social obligations, and my body's reinforcements have taken over and is not letting go. It's not like I have a lot of time to begin with, what with all the training and weekend errands and Chinese class (which I will note I have NOT studied for...) So to get another SINGLE THING IN, I have to gerry rig my entire schedule for the week before, the week after and the week during and life sort of hangs on the precipice. And this time, life sort of just went over the cliff.

So this past week looked like this:

Monday 3/30- Walk 30 minutes in the morning. Scary Trainer in the evening. Still sinus-y. Ran on the dreadmill about 20 minutes. Nothing exciting. Lifted in the evening.

Tuesday 3/31 - Run 30 miles in the morning. Scary Trainer in the in the morning. Early morning meeting. Had time for ONE STUPID MILE!!! ARG!!! Lifted in the evening.

Wednesday 4/1 - Run 6 miles in the morning. Ran 6.14 miles in the morning. Sinus medication seems to be kicking in. Woke up with HIVES!

Thursday 4/2 - Run 3 in the morning. Woke up with WORSE HIVES! Sigh... managed 3.53 miles. Going to the doctor.

Friday 4/3 - Walk 30 minutes in the morning. Scary Trainer sometime during the day. Feeling a little better. There is nothing like know what is wrong with you, even if it is not the best of news. Managed 6.19 miles in the morning, lifted in the afternoon. My good friend Cher came in for an unexpected visit from Ohio. Long story, not enough time for this one. But it's a good one!

Saturday 4/4 - 21 miles again. I will go from the start to mile 21 and see what happens. Since Cher was around, and due to the hives thing, decided to run a short 5 miler. Turned out to be 6.07 miles. Unbelievable. So much for easy. Did fun stuff with Cher in the afternoon, though. Happy happy! I will run my long run tomorrow.

Sunday 4/5 - 6 miles - easy loop. Ended up running 19.30 miles from mile 7. Cher dropped us off before heading out to see Debbie in New Hampshire. Let me just say that this was one of the worst long runs I have ever had. Everything hurt. EVERYTHING! If someone told me that Race Day was going to be a duplication of this day, I would stay in bed. Seriously. But it's in the books. I will say that it was a pretty fast run. But then we had a tail wind. Whatever.

Next week is first week of taper:

Monday 4/6- Walk 30 minutes in the morning. Scary Trainer in the evening.
Tuesday 4/7 - Run 3.5 miles in the morning. Scary Trainer in the in the morning.
Wednesday 4/8 - Run 6 miles in the morning. Go to see the Lowell Devils in the evening. Yeah!
Thursday 4/9 - Run 3.5 miles in the morning. Scary Trainer in the evening.
Friday 4/10 - Run 2 miles in the morning. Going to NYC for the weekend. I SO NEED THIS TIME AWAY!
Saturday 4/11 - 10 miles in the morning.
Sunday 4/12 - 4 miles in the morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home