Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ups and Downs

It seems that now that I am THIS close to the marathon, the ups and downs are bigger. Or maybe they're just more noticeable. Or maybe I'm just that much more nervous about this one. I think I can run better, run faster... But can I really? This is a test. There is no reason for me to believe that I'll succeed. Yes, I've trained better than ever before and physically, I am stronger than ever before. But my weight isn't that low and I haven't done any speedwork.

So, why should I feel like I can do better than Boston?
Cause I feel it. In my gut.
Sigh... now watch... the best I can do is the best that I have done...

I went for a 6 mile run this morning and I felt great. I wore my Zoots. They make me fast. And today was no exception. I'm putting in my fastest mile going UPHILL into a HEADWIND! What is going on? My Zoots. They zoot zoot zoot me along. And I love it.

The ankle hitch seems to be resolving itself. And my right hip flexor/TFL seems to be holding its own. But after an especially fast mile, I felt my hamstring insert and my glute medius. That's to be expected, I suppose.

All in all a good run. I think it's what I needed. My atttitude after all that's happened hasn't been the best. And as Scary trainer told me the other night, mental is 50%.

Based on this morning, I think it's gonna be a good marathon.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi, I just found your blog today and I'm so happy I did. What an inspiration! I will be following it and wish you the best of luck in the Sugarloaf.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home