Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 Restaurant Review #9: Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, San Francisco, CA

Turns out that Roy's Hawaiian Fusion is a chain. But they are not on the East Coast, so as far as I was concerned, it was brand new.

I didn't know what to expect but it was basically a lot of Asian fusion with a fruity twist. They had everything sushi to steak, and a very extensive wine list. I think that most places in the Bay Area must have an extensive wine list.

Anyway, we ordered a lot of crazy delicious and fresh sashimi and sushi!

For dinner I had the Alaskan Butterfish. It was so good. I thought the tangy soy sauce vinaigrette took away from the delicate flavor of the fish and overpowered it a bit but the texture of the fish was everything I remembered from the last time I had Alaskan Butterfish as Blue Ginger about 4 years ago. If it is on the menu, order it. It came with a little triangle shaped pile of jasmine rice.

I couldn't finish the dinner even though it was a very reasonable portion because I had eaten too much sushi and sashimi! GAH!!! I should have known better.

I did not have any dessert. A perfect no-dessert week. Happy happy.

The menu at this place was very interesting and I think I would go back. If I ordered the Alaskan Butterfish again, I would tell them to hold back on the soy sauce a little bit so that I can actually taste the fish.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home