Friday, June 12, 2009

It's all about the diet

Calories in and Calories out.
I hate to say it but it's true.
And every single time I prove it to myself by doing it,I have to admit that this simple formula works.

Something else that I've discovered this week... if I eat within my guidelines for protein and carbs, I hit my caloric limit.
Every single time.
Scary Trainer definitely knows what he's doing, that's for sure.

Right now, I am getting at least 120 grams of protein a day.
For Carbs, I am limiting to:
2 days of 50-90g
2 days of 90-130g
2 days of 130-170g
1 day of 200g - kind of a cheat day but in a healthy and controlled manner. This also assumes that I will be doing some sort of physical activity everyday and a longer, harder day on this last day.


I am also back to eating 5-6 meals a day. As long as I eat dinner by 6:30 pm, I am okay until I go to bed and get up the next day.
If I miss this time, then it's a pigfest.

This week has been very very good.
Next week I am traveling to San Francisco for work. I have days and days of vendor meetings and events. I hope that I can control myself. It's hard when you travel because you can't control what is available. So after the first day or two, I end up just giving in. I am praying for some will power. Sigh...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home