Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Post Marathon Blues

All I gotta say is that I think I am having a bit of depression from not having any marathons lined up. For the first time in my life, I actually did something I never thought that I would. Ok. Make that the second time. Hmmm... ok. Make that the third time....

Whatever. Anyway, after running 2 marathons four weeks apart, I am feeling a bit lost. The only thing I have scheduled is in August - The Leading Ladies in South Dakota. As it is, I haven't even signed up for it yet. I might have to do some personal travel around that time, everything is up in the air (which I can't stand) and so, if I am here, I plan on traveling out there, and running that race.

Then I got into the lottery for St. George but that is not until the first week of October. I'd like to run Steamtown but that is the second week. So, do I run St. George or Steamtown?? And then my Good Friend Cher thinks she might be doing Columbus which is the third week of October. And they had to go and change the second half of the course so it is now mostly downhill. Ugh. That makes me want to do Columbus even more!

So between August and October... what? Nothing! The only thing that I can think of is Clarence De Mar which is the last weekend of September. So that means there are marathons that I want to run 4 weeks in a row. Now what??? No idea what to do.

So, now I have to find something in mid-September. Of course, there is always Reach the Beach but it's not a marathon. And I've been only a driver for a lot of years now. And the course is pretty hellacious looking! Even from the front seat of a van!

The other issue is that my ankle strain is hanging on and hanging on, just like that damn Energizer Bunny! GAH! So now, I am biking this week. The ankle made me break my streak of working out every single day, too! I don't know which is worse, not running or breaking my streak! I will try to do some small runs next week along with the biking and see how it holds up.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I was thinking of you today while I was out WALKING. I've taken up jogging about 50 to 100 yards at a time; then walk fast(ish) till I feel like another little jog. They say that burns calories.

But...how do you do it? How do you do it? 1, 2, 3 hours at a time. You and everyone like you gotta be special people. Here's a tip of the hat. \

I just looked down at my feet. They still look like steam irons. About that heavy, too.

But I can walk. And cook. Oh, and now I am a WeightWatcher Lifetime Member. I reached and maintained my goal. Ta-da.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home