Friday, July 17, 2009

Starting Over

It seems that I am in a constant state of starting over. The ankle has been slowly improving. The other day I was thinking about it and it's been 2 months since my marathon. TWO. MONTHS! And it's taken that long for my ankle to feel "right" during a run, even if it is wrapped. I've been doing a 3.3 mile loop for a while and tomorrow I plan to go out and test it on a 4 mile loop. I will keep it wrapped for a while.

The weight was way up. But now I am back on my diet of counting calories, protein, watching my carbs, etc., and over the last 5 days, I've dropped a total of 4 pounds in water weight. Wow. I know that after this week it will be a struggle to get back to my low weight from last summer. But I know I can do it and I will get there and lose another 4 pounds on top of that which will bring me to the weight I was when I met Joseph 8 years ago. Wow. Eight. Years. Has it been that long??

I have Scary Trainer in the early afternoon today. The other day, I lifted 40# dumbbell chest presses. I did 8 of them. Scary Trainer was psyched. The most I've lifted is 42.5 for 3. And he says I am almost back to where I was before the marathons this past winter and that I am coming back strong. Excellent.

Dinners continue to be a challenge but last night, we had steak, stir fried bok choy, a nice plain salad with vinaigrette dressing, and stir fried mushrooms and onions. I also had a glass of wine. In retrospect, I should have had water instead of wine. I was a little over where I wanted to be in total calories but since it was a high protein day, I still dropped water weight.

We will see what the weekend brings. I have a cookout to go to with Joseph.
Sigh... sabotage sabotage sabotage everywhere.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home