Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We have a mouser!!

I woke up this morning about 3:30 or 4. I can't remember. I'm rarely coherent at that time of morning. But I always look at the clock.

Anyway, I woke up because of a banging sort of noise. I got up and - nothing. So I came back to bed. Then moments later, the same thing and the Boris comes into the room. And then into the hallway leading to the master bath. I think nothing of it. And he's still banging. And then quiet. And then a sudden rush and flurry and loud rush into the bedroom with a crash and a bang... And then back into the bathroom.

WHAT IS THAT??? ARG!
WHAT IS HE DOING???


That's it. I've had it. I walk over and talk to Boris and as I lean down he's got something in his mouth. So I reach down and something NIPS AT ME! GAH! I turn on the light and it's a MOUSE!!!!!

He puts it down on the bath mat (a big plushy mat) and bats the stunned mouse around. When it tries to run, he goes after it and bats it back down. Then picks it up again in his mouth and puts it back on the rug.

After much jumping around and my hyperventilating, Joseph gets an old t-shirt and puts it over the Boris's head and the mouse and when Boris comes out from under, Joseph grabs the shirt with the mouse in it, takes it outside and releases it.

Phew!!!!! I am not wimp and other than muddy river bottoms and flying insects, I'm afraid of VERY little and EVEN LESS grosses me out. In fact, when I was younger I had 2 mice as pets. Actually they were more of a science experiment and I am on a mission to pay penance for that by not killing any creature for the rest of my life. Anyway, I was more concerned that the Boris, that naughty little kitty baby, would KILL it and thus, bring the WRATH of God and the supreme being of the cosmos upon by by generating such bad karma through the killing of an innocent creature! GAH!!!!

But Joseph saved the day. Again. First the bat. Now the mouse.

And what is it about the fauna in this house?? That was one lucky mouse. ONE LUCKY MOUSE!!! It must have come in from the outside what with all the rain wev been having. Poor thing.

Thank goodness I went to bed early last night!!
Otherwise I would have collapsed from excitement and exhaustion!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

I was more concerned that the Boris, that naughty little kitty baby, would KILL it and thus, bring the WRATH of God and the supreme being of the cosmos upon by by generating such bad karma through the killing of an innocent creature!

Ummm...Cats kill mice. That's what The Supreme Being of the Cosmos put them on earth to do. If they did not kill the mice, then we would be overrun by the mice.

just saying...

I think you might be better off with Boris patrolling the area and keeping the varmints in check, as opposed to having Tom and Jerry chewing up the cabinets in your new kitchen, not to mention getting in the food!

Good Boris!! :-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Joe B said...

Yup and it was more like 5 AM...just saying.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home