Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another Reorg

Turns out that it is definite that half the organization that came to me two months ago is now leaving to go to another group.

Thank Goodness!

Too much work, too many issues, too many people, too many things to freekin clean up!!!

Now it's another group's problem.
Might as spread it out because I can't fix everything, nor can I save the world.

I hope the people are ok, though. The people are always my first and foremost concern.

Now I can concentrate on my domain of expertise - data.

But we are instruments in the stepping stones of life. In the last 6 weeks, I've been told that I have given this team "hope." That they feel important and things seems to be looking up for them. I have managed to get the spotlight on a tireless and incredible manager that everyone should be supporting and celebrating. I have infused in them, along with my old management team, a new way to question, look at things, permission to ask "why?", and encouragement to ask "why not." Instead of blindly following a Pied Piper, the likes of which got them to this point in the first place.

And most importantly, we have gained relationships with some really good people and our lives are richer for it.

When I get back from China, we have to finish this up. After China, I will be working only part time but it will be good to have a much needed "slow-down" from the mayhem and fury of work to focus on the nitty gritty of what is important instead of just just blindly making everything a priority. And not sweat the small stuff.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home