Sunday, January 17, 2010

The President of Iceland

I didn't even know Iceland had a president. He's visiting India.
And staying at our hotel.
For 3 days.
We knew of his arrival because we walked out of our rooms and next thing you know, we run into police, 12 police cars and the requisite ambulance.

Anyway, he's here for the green energy initiative, working with the 3 car companies here in India. I think he should be at home working on the banking crisis at home. Anyway...

hey had some function the first night. We saw people in the trees stringing and handing light strings and balls of light. And let me say that this hotel compound has LOTS O' TREES! And no scissor lifts. Good old fashion stick ladders and ropes.

Anyway, we came back at night to find them all lit up. Beautiful. It looked like we were walking among the falling stars.

We approached the ball room or function building on the way to our rooms. They were holding a reception. All the beautiful people were there. And it stuck me that I've never seen so many white people, not to mention tall blond people, in India before.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

>And it stuck me that I've never seen so many white people, not to mention tall blond people, in India before.

Well of course. They must have been the Icelanders!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home