Friday, February 12, 2010

New Voicemail at Work

This is my new voicemail message. It covers every single occassion and I couldn't be more thrilled.
"Please do not leave me a message. If you need to get in touch with me, please send me an email. If this is an emergency, please call my Assistant at x-n-nnn-nnnn."
My prior email suggested that they email me for immediately response. And no one did. They would leave me messages. And since I am not in the office often, and when I am, since I hate retrieving messages (don't know why but it's something I hate doing), I would never call them back in a timely manner. And I got so sick and tired of feeling BAD because THEY didn't follow instructions! Ya know???

So. I got the following out of office message from Scott (who works in my group) and I was inspired:
"I am out of the office Friday February 12 thru Monday February 15. I will be returning to the work on Tuesday February 16. I will only occasionally be checking email. For urgent issues, please contact my manager."
Notice that he didn't name his manager.

Love. It.

Anyway, I am waiting to see how many voicemails I get (now that I've told them not to). And then I will delete them with wild abandon. YES!!

And I would like to note for the record that my Assistant hasn't gotten any calls either.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

This is brilliant. I will be changing my greeting as well!

8:17 PM  
Blogger deborah said...

love that. I hate voice mail. it always shocks me when someone leaves vmail rather than emailing, it makes no sense at all.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home