Monday, July 19, 2010

Mysterious Food-Born Illness

I think Joseph solved the mystery of why I got so sick during the trip last week. (And I'm just starting to feel somewhat "right" almost five days later, I might note.)

Yesterday, Joseph said he opened up a protein drink and nothing would come out. So when it was forced out, the stuff was globby and yellow. That's when the lightbulb went on.

Last Wednesday (I think) I had a protein drink while waiting for breakfast (which was late because the hotel was having massive issues with delivery for two freekin' days!) And I drank it straight from the container with a straw as I usually do. This time I noticed it seemed a little curdled but I didn't think much of it since it tasted ok.

Then breakfast arrived and I had the yogurt. Then I promptly threw up from about 9am until 1pm. True daughter of a doctor that I am, I knew that was to cure and made myself throw up. I felt much better after everything was out of my system.

Over the weekend I was still lethargic and tired. I had 11 hrs and 10 hrs of sleep, respectively. And now that it's Monday and a work day, I am almost feeling up to snuff. But I am still not 100%.

Of course, you would think I'd lose some weight for all the non-eating I did. And of course, I didn't. Figures.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home