Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stings

Sometimes life just keeps pelting you with lemons. And it stings.

I am an imperfect being. I know this better than anyone. I am callous and thoughtless. I am forgetful and my path to hell has already been laid. All I need is that hand basket. But I don't deserve the ride in it.

If you are caught up in my wake, the fast track to nowhere, leaving a swath of bodies behind me... Then I ask your forgiveness. Because I really don't know what I am doing. And I guess that is the problem. How can I correct my course if I cannot see the horizon ahead of me. I just need to turn around to see the crooked path behind me.

And just as easily as a bad day can become good, so can a good day become another typical day of inconsideration and worthlessness. What did I do? What did I not do? How do I balance the good and the bad?

I was happy today. And at the end of it, I discovered that I had made some errors in judgment and more missteps. I basically sucked at life once again. Why bother trying when in the end, every situation can turn against you. I guess "trying and sucking at it" is a trifle better than just giving up? I don't know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home