Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shovel

I finally broke down and bought myself a metal garden shovel. The kind with the pointed tip, serrated edging and long wooden handle. The kind that is perfect for break up ice.

Another storm is on the way.
And all day, I've heard the weather reporter say "go out and break up the ice now..." or "move the snow back because more is on the way."

First of all... move it where??
There is nowhere to move it after all the storms we've had.

But... I can break up the ice. Not that I have that much but enough at the end ot the driveway that accumulation could make it hard (or impossible) to make it out of our considerably narrowed driveway.

So I went to the True value down the street and around the corner looking for an ice breaker and walked out with my new garden shovel.

And it works amazingly well.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Hughes said...

For dealing with ice, I always preferred a Square Point shovel, like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/UNION-44124-SQUARE-DIGGING-SHOVELS/dp/B001TP4VBY

9:20 AM  
Blogger Paul Nichols said...

I like amazing things. Come over and show me how it works. :)

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home