Friday, November 11, 2011

Arrived in Shanghai Minus One

I packed two bags.
Only one arrived.
Usually my bags appear within the first five to ten minutes, mostly due to the PRIORITY sticker that they usually get tagged with.
The first bag appeared just in time - within the first five minutes.
But after the 10 minute mark, I got that sinking feeling.
Sigh...

Forms to fill out.
People to talk to.
Blah blah blah...
Nothing.

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Deep breath.
It could be a lot worse.
It had shoes, toiletries, gifts, SHOES!!! WAH!!
The bag that made it had clothes.
Like I said it could be worse.
I knew the connection at Detroit was too short.
And I wasn't the only one with the problem.

Made it through customs.
Lilly met me.
SO GOOD TO SEE HER!
My little sister.
The driver took the bags.
We talked the whole way back to the hotel.

I am staying at the Langham Xintiandi.
Supposed to be the best in Shanghai.
Pretty amazing.
I have to take pictures.

We went to a local restaurant for a late dinner.
Lilly's friend Xin met us.
We ordered a bottle of wine and lots of wonderful Thai food.
So much better than in the US.
Except for the wine.
The wine was questionable.
LOL!


I got a little sleep on the plane on the wonderful "bed" so I wasn't as jetlagged as I could be and I got about 5 hours sleep last night. This morning I feel pretty good.

Off to breakfast and sightseeing.
Oh. It's 13 hours ahead right now.

11/12/2011 - 8:43AM

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home